This programme assist migrant children from Indonesian communities to access Indonesian nationality through the Indonesian Consulate in Sabah
How Companies Could Help Undocumented Children Acquire Birth Registration
From Global Shepherds’ Field Experience
Steps to be considered by Company:-
- Step 1: Company to distribute birth registration form to all workers (parents) who have children without birth certificate.
Note: A sample of birth registration form can be retrieved from the nearby National Registration Department (NRD). Note that only original birth registration form is allowed to be used in actual application with the NRD.
- Step 2: Workers (parents) will fill up the birth registration form, and return form to the Company. Each registration form should be accompanied by these supporting documents:-
- Copy of parents’ marriage certificate, or confirmation letter from company to confirm parents’ union;
- Copy of medical letters / letter issued by clinic or confirmation letter from company;
- Copy of parents’ passports or other travel documents;
- Copy of passports from two witnesses*; and
- Two photos (passport size) of child.
*Note: Two witnesses must be Indonesian with valid passports, and know the applicants.
- Step 3: Company will gather all the completed birth registration form and supporting documents from workers (parents).
- Step 4: Company will send a letter to Indonesian Consulate, Sabah, inviting Consulate’s representative(s) to conduct interview with applicants (or their parents)